So what I thought was interesting that Marylin Monroe had a collection of mental disorders including depression and BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder). Depression and Borderline Personality are actually fairly similar mental illnesses. They both imcompass rapid mood swings, anxiety, and thoughts of suicide or hopelessness.
Monroe had an extremely sucessful carrer of movies and music. She was in such classics as "Some Like It Hot" and "The Seven Year Itch". By initial impressions, not many people would have thought that the extrovert that Monroe was battled something as serious as depression, but it was very true. Her carrer was affected in the later years of her life as these signs became more and more apparent.
Monroe's death is still rather mysterious but from the looks of it, it was an apparent suicide. Her years of alcoholism and chemical dependency took a harsh toll on her physical and mental health. She is still known for her great talent and amazing impact on American pop culture in the 50s.

-Jackson.
9 comments:
haha your blog made me laugh. Anyways, this was interesting because i did not know that Monroe had a disorder. Neither did i know that she had atleast two. I think you should write about what you think the disorder did to her and how sad it was. I give you a 96
You described Marilyn's career and disease extremely well; my only criticism is that you should probably be more objective when you're writing these posts. Other than that, great job! :)
I really like how you nicely mixed together her background story, her disorder, and your opinion on her disorder. I also like how you put your own voice in your blog. If you had a bit more of your opinion on her disorder in there, it would have been close to perfect.
Overall Grade: 96
I wish my blog was super fantastic... But I did not know that Marilyn Monroe had a psychological disorder. You did a good job of mixing in details about her career in with details about her disorder.
Great entry. I like how you managed to be informal but give a lot of information. Nice blog name also.
I never knew Marilyn Monroe had so many problems, reading your blog really opened my eyes. Great job,
Very friendly bro. Marilyn Monroe had a disorder! woah. 97. I enjoyed the read!
it was interesting. some pretty people just have problems that are more than just skin deep. i like how straight forward it was
it was not too specific though.
but hey nobody knows how she died so maybe there is not too much to find
Wow nice blog. I didnt know Marlyn Monroe had multiple disorders but im not suprised at all.
Post a Comment